Served piping hot with a hunk of crusty bread, this creamy, nourishing Reishi Mushroom and Butternut Squash soup recipe is winter comfort food at its best.
1 large organic butternut squash, cubed
1 tablespoon organic olive oil
2 large organic carrots , peeled and sliced
1 large organic onion, sliced
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
4 cups organic vegetable broth
1 400ml can organic coconut milk
2 teaspoons BRAINFOOD REISHI MUSHROOM POWDER
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Cube the butternut squash into 2 inch pieces and spread on cookie sheet. Toss with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While butternut squash is in the oven, heat a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots and onion and 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth.
- Cook until onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the rest of the vegetable broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add spices, coconut milk. Stir and reduce to low, cover, and let the ingredients simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender, carefully add the ingredients to your blender and blend on low until smooth. Make sure your blender is safe for hot foods and leave the lid off.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.