Simmer up this homemade Reishi Mushroom soup on a cold winter day.
A delicious broth-based soup that can be modified to your taste! Great with salad or a sandwich. I hope that you enjoy it!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 carrots, sliced 1 cm thick
1 fennel bulb, diced (fronds reserved)
2 cups cremini or white mushrooms, sliced
2 cups fresh Shitake mushrooms or 1/2 cup dried, sliced
6 cups water
1 teaspoon BRAINFOOD REISHI EXTRACT POWDER
1/4 cup miso paste
1 Tablespoon allspice
1 Tablespoon thyme
3 cups kale, chopped
Fennel fronds, minced
- In a large soup pot, heat up olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add the ginger and all the vegetables (except BRAINFOOD Reishi powder).
- Saute for another 5 minutes or til golden brown.
- Add water, BRAINFOOD Reishi powder, miso paste and dried spices.
- Bring soup to a boil , then reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Stir in the kale into the hot soup to wilt.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh fennel fronds.