Sometimes, “real” food sounds exhausting and you just want something quick and easy to throw into your purse and call “lunch” without anyone judging you.
Well, consider this a judgment free zone. And if today is one of those days, here is the solution: Vegan, Gluten-free Chocolate, Reishi Energy Balls!
1 cup organic quick oats
2 cups Organic peanut butter or Almond Butter or Nut butter
1/3 cup Organic cocoa powder
1/2 cup Organic liquid honey
1 teaspoon BRAINFOOD REISHI POWDER
1/2 cup Coconut flakes or shredded (unsweetened)
1/4 cup flax seed (ground)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cups chia seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup mixed nuts (chopped)
1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1/2 cup cocoa nubs or chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut shredded (unsweetened) and toasted
- Combine all ingredients together with you hands except the toasted shredded coconut.
- Then roll a tablespoon of the batter into a ball. You may need to wet your hands before rolling.
- Then roll the balls in the toasted coconut flakes.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator (30 minutes)
- Once it hardens, transfer the balls to an airtight container and store in the fridge.